Episode: A Piece of the Action
Cast: Michael Benyaer (Leonard Nimoy), Donald Faison (Borg Attendee), Seth Green (Ribbon Cutter, Tom Root, Ray Griffith, Security Guard, LARP Attendee, Robin Attendee), Breckin Meyer (Jedi Attendee), Dan Milano (Yoda Attendee, Wheelchair Attendee), Adam Talbott (Spock Attendee, Man)
Characters: Leonard Nimoy, Star Wars Attendees, Star Trek Attendees, Ray Griffith, RPG Attendee, Wrestler Attendees, Wheelchair Attendee, Marvel Comics Attendees, DC Comics Attendees, Joel Schumacher, Joel Schumacher's Bodyguards, Peter Mayhew, Mortimer Wilkofsky, Leonard Nimoy Clones, George Lucas
Segment Summary: Geeks and nerds collide when a sci-fi convention erupts into war.
- Star Trek is a popular Science-Fiction series. Learn more at Memory Alpha, the internet's #1 ST Wiki.
- Star Wars is a popular Science-Fiction Film series. Learn more at Wookiepedia.
- The ending of the sketch is similar to epilogues in popular 1970s and 80s comedy films, such as Animal House and Fast Times at Ridgemont High
- The tall man with the cowboy hat getting attacked by dwarves is supposed to be Peter Mayhew, the actor who played Chewbacca in the Star Wars movies.
- The scene where Leonard Nimoy shoots the man in the Darth Maul costume is reminiscent of a similar scene in the film Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- Near the beginning of the sketch, a robotic model of Fay Valentine from the anime Cowboy Bebop can be seen.
- The final joke indicates that Nimoy bought some Beanie Babies on eBay.
Trivia / Info:
- Robot Chicken and Cartoon Network signs can be seen in various locations throughout the convention center.
- The line about William Shatner doing a guest spot on Star Trek: Enterprise may be a reference to the fact that William Shatner was in fact in talks to appear on Enterprise as part of that series mirror universe 2-parter. However, Paramount could not come to terms with Shatner on money, so the deal fell through.
Goofs / Nitpicks:
Good Catch - Previous Segment