Episode: Gold Dust Gasoline
Cast: Abraham Benrubi (Dominic Toretto), Dom DeLuise (Victor Prinzim), Seth Green (KITT, Spritle, Chim-Chim, Speed Racer, Scott Trakker, Batman, Robin, Bo Duke), Ashton Kutcher (Michael Knight), Matthew Lillard (Mario, Wario, Sheriff Rosco Coltrane), Dan Milano (Luigi), Burt Reynolds (J.J. McClure), Danny Masterson (Jon Baker, Scott Trakker), Macaulay Culkin (Luke Duke; archive sound), Kurtwood Smith (Matt Trakker)
Characters: Dominic Toretto, J.J. McClure, Victor Prinzim, Batman, Robin, Speed Racer, Spritle, Chim-Chim, Michael Knight, KITT, Evel Knievel, Mario, Luigi, Wario, Scott Trakker, Matt Trakker, T-Bob, Bo Duke, Luke Duke, Jonathan "Jon" Baker, Frank "Ponch" Poncherello, Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane, Arthur "Fonzie" Fonzarelli, Jayce
Segment Summary: The world's most famous cars-from KITT to the Batmobile to the General Lee-race against each other in "3 Fast 3 Furious."
Themes: Alcohol, Animals, Bleeped, Bodily Functions, Bug Eyes, Credits Encroachment, Death, Destruction, Film, Food & Drink, Injuries, Lengthy, Mashups, Money, Motor Vehicles, Nudity, Real Toys, Robots, Sexuality, Television, Games, Violence, Food & Drink, Anime
- This segment is a mashup of the films The Fast and the Furious and The Cannonball Run with TV's Wacky Races.
- The Racers:
- The monster truck with "LARGE FOOT" painted on it is a parody of the famous Big Foot monster truck.
- The Ecto 1 from Ghostbusters.
- Batman & Robin in the Batmobile from the 60's Batman television show.
- Television's Speed Racer in his Mach 5.
- Michael Knight riding in KITT from TV's Knight Rider.
- Evel Knievel on his motorcycle.
- Mario and Luigi join forces on their go-Karts. Wario is also present.
- Bo & Luke Duke from The Dukes of Hazzard are (of course) in the General Lee.
- Officers Jon Baker and Frank 'Ponch' Poncherello from CHiPs are patrolling the scene on their police bikes.
- Armed Force, a vehicle from the cartoon Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.
- Matt Trakker, his son Scott and the Robot T-Bob appear in the orange Pontiac GTO named Stinger from the 80's cartoon M.A.S.K (The orange GTO driven by Matt Trakker is driven by Bruno Sheppard of V.E.N.O.M.).
Trivia / Info:
- This segment is, so far, the longest in any episode of Robot Chicken, clocking in at 5:45.
- This segment continues all the way through the end credits, with Cannonball Run-style outtakes.
- All the outtakes were actual bad takes from hours of recording Burt Reynolds and Dom DeLuise. (from the DVD Commentary)
- Burt Reynolds and Dom DeLuise reprise their roles as J.J. McClure and Victor Prinzim, respectively, from Cannonball Run.
- Burt Reynolds and Dom DeLuise both contributed their voices to All Dogs go to Heaven.
- The Batmobile was a vintage toy that they destroyed for this segment. (from the DVD Commentary)
- The close-up of the taco during the close-up montage as the race begins was taken from W. Loves Tacos.
Goofs / Nitpicks:
- During the Batmobile's second roll, Batman disappears. (Perhaps Batman saw the Batsignal?)
- The Blue Koopa Shell is without spikes in this skit. In every game the Blue Koopa Shell has been in for the Mario Kart series, it has spikes on it.
- Furthermore, in the Super Mario Kart Super Nintendo game the shell that has no spikes is colored green.
- Various continuity errors regarding the participants of the race, Mario was never seen at the starting line yet appears mid-way through the race, Wario and the Ecto-1 are seen taking off from the starting line but are never seen either crashing or finishing the race.
- When Matt Trakker is decapitated, his head is more detailed.
- When J.J. McClure and Victor Prinzim are speaking with Dominic Toretto at the beginning, if you look closely, their mouths don't move.
Inept Trapeze Artist - Previous Segment