Episode: Operation Rich in Spirit
Cast: Linda Cardellini (Velma), Dave Coulier (Scooby-Doo), Phyllis Diller (Herself), Sarah Michelle Gellar (Daphne), Seth Green (Jason Voorhees, Old Man Phillips), Don Knotts (Himself), Matthew Lillard (Shaggy), Freddie Prinze, Jr. (Fred)
Segment Summary: Mystery Inc tries to solve what looks like their last case
Written By: Seth Green
Animated By: Anonymous
- This is a parody of Friday the 13th
- This reunites the entire cast of the Scooby-Doo movies with Seth Green, who had starred in the film Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.
- When Velma claims the virgins live the longest, it is a reference to Scream, which Matthew Lillard starred in.
- Shortly before being killed, Don Knotts says "...and one of my apartment tenants might be a flaming homo!" This line refers to his role as Mr. Furley in the sitcom Three's Company, who was a landlord (One of his tenants - played by John Ritter - pretended to be gay so Furley would agree to let him live with two women).
- Scooby's head is placed on a pike outside of the campsite, reminiscent of the Lord of the Flies.
- Don Knotts and Phyllys Diller's random appearance in the segment is a possible parody of The New Scooby-Doo Movies where a guest star would randomly appear in each episode and help the gang thwart the villain. In this series, Phyllis Diller guest-starred once, and Don Knotts did so twice.
Trivia / Info:
- This segment was Don Knotts' final television role.
- Old Man Philips looks just like Old Man Smithers from Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed
- The Music used during the scene where Shaggy and Scooby gets killed where later used in the sketch Rape Ghost.
- We never see what is happened to Fred or Phyllis Diller.
- Daphne says "that must be Jason's dead mother" since Mrs. Voorhees was decapitated in Friday the 13th.
- Velma was the only one who didn't die.
- Most likley, Fred was killed by Jason when trying to escape the camp.
Goofs / Nitpicks:
- Velma said Jason killed all of Mystery Inc. but, he was never seen killing Fred, but he might have got killed off-screen.
- Daphne moves before the sword makes contact.
- When Daphne says that Freds ascot makes him look gay, She and Fred lies down, but when Jason smashes the door just a second later, They're standing up with no time to do so.
- Velma could not have known that all her friends where dead since she was searching for clues in the woods, and none of the Mystery inc-members where killed in the woods.
- Just after Scooby says "Better Shaggy than me",Shaggy can be heard grunting even through he already is dead.
- During the ending sex scene, Old Man Philips head is clearly wrong
- During the opening shot with the Mystery Machine, we see Shaggy's hand at the steering wheel, even through Fred is the driver in the group.