Area 51 (also known as Air Force Flight Test Center (Detachment 3), Dreamland, McCartan's County, Paradise Ranch, Home Base, Watertown Strip, Groom Lake, The Box, Neverland, and other names) is a remote tract of land in the southwestern portion of Lincoln County in southern Nevada, located at 37°14′20″N 115°48′58″W / 37.239, -115.816, at the southern edge of a large dry salt flat called Groom Lake. It lies within the Nevada Test and Training Range and is owned by the United States Department of Defense and the United States Air Force. Area 51 contains an airfield whose primary purpose is believed to be the operation and analysis of enemy aircraft and weapons systems, and secret development and testing of new military aircraft.
Area 51 is the frequent subject of UFO conspiracy theories.
Segments Alluded ToEdit
Maps and photographsEdit
- Dreamland Resort's map of Area 51 buildings
- Photographs,Research, and Discussion about Area 51 / S4 at The Anomalies Network
- Topographic Map of the Emigrant Valley / Groom area.
- Aerial Photos from different decades, overlaid with Google Maps interface.
- Photographs of McCarran EG&G terminal and JANET aircraft.
- Official FAA Aeronautical Chart of Groom Lake.
- High resolution pictures of Area 51