Episode: Plastic Buffet
Characters: Dr. Teeth, Janice, Floyd, Zoot, Animal, Kermit, Howard Stern, Ed McMahon, Rowlf the Dog
Segment Summary: The Muppet Show's band is spotlighted in "Behind the Music: Electric Mayhem."
- This segment is based on VH1's Behind the Music program.
- This segment is all about the house band from TV's The Muppet Show.
- Janice appears on TV's The Howard Stern Show.
- The band appears on TV's Star Search.
- Josie and the Pussy Cats is an American animated television series, based upon the Archie Comics comic book series of the same name created by Dan DeCarlo.
- Janice says that Tommy Lee gave her hepatitis C, this is an allusion of Pamela Anderson's claim that Tommy Lee gave her hepatitis C.
- Floyd's line about Zoot being picked up in Tokyo with '37 pounds of hash' is a reference to the fact that Paul McCartney was arrested in Tokyo in January 1980 for a similar offense (though McCartney only had 8 ounces of marijuana on him).
Trivia / Info:
- A subtitle claims that Dr. Teeth is an Odontophiliac, which is one with a tooth fetish.
- During Dr. Teeth's interview, a copy of Ode to the Nut Shot sheet music can be seen behind him.
- Victor Yerrid was a puppeteer for the Jim Henson Company.
- In one of the photos, Kermit's frowny face is modeled in green clay.
- Ed McMahon would later die in 2009, but not from an attack by a puppet or a then-euthanized animal.
- Kermit is hit in the leg with the chair and it breaks his knee.
- Dr. Teeth is teaching the girl to play Ode to the Nut Shot.
- In the black and white picture of Janice and Tommy Lee, Tommy Lee has a tattoo "Mayhem" on his left arm.
- Janice tells Howard she only has 5 years to live even though, overall, 50–80% of people treated for hepatitis C are cured.
- Animal's death may be a reference to the fact that the original performers for Dr. Teeth, Janice, and Floyd are all dead.
- The Family Guy episode "Herpe the Love Sore" also featured a Behind the Music programme based on Electric Mayhem.
Goofs / Nitpicks:
- In an opening photo, Dr. Teeth is holding hundred dollar bills featuring a design not available while The Muppet Show aired.
Inept Magician - Previous Segment