Dick Tracy is a long-running comic strip featuring a popular and familiar character in American pop culture. Dick Tracy is a hard-hitting, fast-shooting, and supremely intelligent police detective who has matched wits with a variety of often grotesquely ugly villains. Created by cartoonist Chester Gould in 1931, the strip made its debut appearance on October 4, 1931, distributed by the Chicago Tribune Syndicate. Gould wrote and drew the strip until 1977.
This seminal crime strip is being reprinted, from the beginning, in hardcover editions by IDW Publishing.
Segments Alluded ToEdit
- The Chester Gould Dick Tracy Museum
- Dick Tracy comic strip
- Dick Tracy graphic novels
- Don Markstein's Toonopedia: Dick Tracy
- Article "75 Years of Continuous Crime-Stopping"
- Grand Comics Database: Dick Tracy comic books
- NCS Awards