[as] video on
Episode: Walking Dead Lobster
Characters: The Doctor, Nerd, Eugene, Cavemen, Grig, Dalek
Segment Summary: Deep reference at the end for all you forty-year-olds.
Trivia / Info:
- Although the incarnation of the Doctor seen in the sketch is meant to be a generic depiction. He bares a fleeting resemblance to the then new Twelfth Doctor played by Peter Capaldi, minus his trademark outfit. At the time of this sketch's original broadcast, Capaldi had just been cast as the Doctor and had made two official appearances.
- The Doctor first takes the Nerd back to the stone age. Ironically, in the very first Doctor Who serial, "An Unearthly Child", the Doctor takes his companions to the same point in time to avoid having himself and his granddaughter exposed as time traveling fugitive aliens to the rest of the unsuspecting populous.
- The Nerd compares the TARDIS to Snoopy's doghouse. In the Peanuts series, Snoopy doghouse was known for housing and doing many things that defy normal logic much like the TARDIS. Although, many of these feats were the product of Snoopy's imagination rather than future alien technology like the TARDIS.
Goofs / Nitpicks:
- Both dolls and TARDIS model used in this sketch are not at proper scale of each other.
- A real Dalek could never be subdued by a mere kick.
- The Doctor doesn't outright confront total strangers with the proposal of becoming his next companion, as seen in the sketch. Rather, he meets them by chance during his adventures and offers them the chance to travel with him after helping him save the day.
- The TARDIS' interior has no windows minus the front doors. The windows seen on it's police box disguise are an illusion produced by the ship's Chameleon Circuit.
Corn Sneeze - Previous Segment