[as] video on
Episode: Rabbits on a Roller Coaster
Characters: William Adama, Saul Tigh, Karl C. Agathon, Kara Thrace, FCC Members
Segment Summary: What the frak is the deal with Battlestar Galactica?
- A parody of the 2005 Battlestar Galactica TV series on the Sci-Fi Channel and its use of the word "frak".
Trivia / Info:
- The word "shart", used here as fictional euphemism for "shit", is an actual slang term referring to the act of accidentally defecating in one's pants while farting. .
- Joss Whedon, creator and producer of other popular TV series such as Angel and Firefly, is a noted Battlestar fan.
- Despite the fair realism of the voice, Edward James Olmos is probably not the voice of the character William Adama in this skit.
- Katee Sackhoff, Michael Hogan and Tahmoh Penikett reprises their roles as Kara Thrace, Saul Tigh and Karl C. Agathon in Battlestar Galactica.
Goofs / Nitpicks:
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) does not regulate the overall content of cable-based programming, only broadcasts on the public airwaves. However, the "standards and practices" group of NBC/Universal (which owns the Sci-Fi Channel) would be concerned if actual profanity were used (although Battlestar is generally shown on cable only).