James Bond 007 is a fictional British agent created in 1952 by writer Ian Fleming, featured in twelve novels, two anthologies and a film series. After Fleming's death in 1964, subsequent James Bond novels were written by Kingsley Amis (as Robert Markham), John Pearson, John Gardner, Raymond Benson and Charlie Higson. Moreover, Christopher Wood novelised two screenplays, while other writers have authored unofficial versions of the secret agent character. For the last three Bond movies, the screenplay has been written by Neil Purvis and Robert Waide.
Initially famed through the best-selling novels, James Bond is best known from the EON Productions film series, twenty-one of which have been made as of 2007. The 22nd EON-produced Bond adventure is currently in production. In addition there have been two independent feature productions (a 1967 spoof and 1983's Never Say Never Again) and one Fleming-licenced American television adaptation of the first novel, aired in 1954. The EON Productions films are generally described as the "official" films originating with the purchase of the James Bond film rights by eventual producer Harry Saltzman in the late 1950s when Bond was a popular novel series; this term is used throughout this article.
Segments Alluded ToEdit
- Never Say Goy!
- Santa Royale
- Shames Bond
- Spy vs. Spy vs. Testical Torture
- James Bond: Mastermind
- Bachelor...The Bachelor
Segments Appeared InEdit
- Official sites
- James Bond Official Website
- Ian Fleming Publications Official Website
- Young Bond Official Website
- Pinewood Studios - home of Bond
- Pinewood Studios Albert R. Broccoli 007 Stage Official Website
- Unofficial sites
- Bondpedia - the main James Bond encyclopedia. Main wiki-based James Bond fan encyclopedia.
- 007 Magazine
- 007James - The Site's Bond, James Bond
- Absolutely James Bond
- Universal Exports - The Home of James Bond, 007
- From Sweden with love - A Personal Examination of the James Bond phenomenon