Episode: Ban on the Fun
Cast: Seth Green (Mumbly, Quick Draw McGraw, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Dum, Snooper), Matthew Lillard (Shaggy), Breckin Meyer (Captain Caveman), Dan Milano (Dread Baron, Scrappy-Doo, Yogi Bear, Daisy Mayhem), Kevin Shinick (Blue Falcon, The Great Fondoo), Victor Yerrid (Boo-Boo Bear, Snagglepuss, Dynomutt)
Characters: Dread Baron, Mumbly, Dinky Dalton, Dirty Dalton, Yogi Bear, Boo-Boo Bear, Doggy Daddy, Huckleberry Hound, Wally Gator, Quick Draw McGraw, Snagglepuss, Blue Falcon, Dynomutt, Scrappy-Doo, Scooby-Doo, Shaggy, Captain Caveman, Hong Kong Phooey, Snooper, Blabber, The Great Fondoo, Daisy Mayhem, Scooby-Dum
Segment Summary: The world has changed since the Laff-A-Lympics and things may never be the same again, but then again, it's just the Laff-A-Lympics, so we're not missing a lot.
- This segment is a parody of Laff-A-Lympics and Munich. The subsequent operation to eliminate the perpetrators was a parody of Operation Wrath of God, a real-life mission by the Israeli government to kill various individuals believed to be affiliated with both Munich and Black September.
Trivia / Info:
- The scene in which Dread Baron is overlooking a balcony is an exact parody of the picture taken during the Munich massacre in which a member of the terrorist group, Black September was overlooking the balcony of the Israeli team quarters.
- The players killed (Yogi, Boo-Boo, Doggy Daddy, Huckleberry Hound, Wally Gator, and Quick Draw McGraw) are members of the Yogi Yahooeys, one of the three teams in Laff-A-Lympics (the others are the The Really Rottens and the Scooby Doobies).
- Matthew Lillard reprised his role as Shaggy again from the live-action Scooby-Doo movies, Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, Scooby-Doo! Abracadabra-Doo, A Scooby Friday, and Batman: The Brave and the Bold episode called "Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases!".
- The Great Fondoo's dialogue references the fact that many of the members of the Really Rottens were original characters created for the cartoon, but bear resemblance to other Hanna-Barbera characters (mostly good guys). Dread Baron and Mumbly (originally a good guy) were originally meant to be Dick Dastardly and Muttley.
Goofs / Nitpicks:
- Scrappy never appeared in the Laff-A-Lympics. This was because he was created AFTER the Laff-A-Lympics.
- The Really Rottens actually did manage to win the Laff-A-Lympics in a few episodes so the Dread Baron's statement that they always lose was in fact wrong, though it is likely the writers just assumed that they always lost because they were villains.
- Scooby is missing his license.
- The Sandwhich Yogi is holding disappears when he runs to stop the Really Rottens.
A Modest Proposal (Part 2) - Previous Segment