Episode: Plastic Buffet
Cast: Seth Green (Reporter #2, Steven Tyler, George W. Bush, Star Wars fan), Mark Hamill (Harrison Ford, Himself), Mike Henry (Thad Generic, TV Reporter), Dan Milano (Sean O'Keefe, Reporter #1, Irate Viewer)
Characters: Sean O'Keefe, Reporter #1, Senator Thad Generic, Reporter #2, George W. Bush, TV Reporter, Harrison Ford, Star Wars Fanatic, Steven Tyler, Mark Hamill, Irate Viewer
Segment Summary: America sends Harrison Ford and Aerosmith into space to take out an asteroid in "Meteorgeddon."
- This segment is a parody of the film Armageddon.
- This segment contains many references to the film Star Wars.
- Harrison Ford's demeanor suggests his character in Blade Runner.
- This segment features live-action Dan Milano as an irate viewer.
- George W. Bush's taunting about not having to go into space references his own dubious military background.
- In the Irate Viewer's house, there appear to be blow-up Aqua Teen Hunger Force dolls of Master Shake and Meatwad (and possibly Frylock), Zorak figure from Space Ghost Coast to Coast, and other Adult Swim merchandise.
- "Jumping the shark" from The Dizzy Times, is an idiom created by Jon Hein that is used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins to decline in quality and is beyond recovery and the writers use some type of "gimmick" in a desperate attempt to keep viewers' interest. It began with the show "Happy Days" when Fonzie proves his manhood by ski jumping over a confined shark.
- During the announcement of Harrison Ford being chosen, the film clips are from "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "Witness".
Trivia / Info:
- Steven Tyler was the only member of Aerosmith they had made. They didn't want to pay to have the rest of Aerosmith made into figures because they figured most people wouldn't recognize them anyway, so they kept helmets on them, which Seth Green states on the commentary, and Alex Buckley saying with the blonde hair that they look like Eminem.
- The live-action segments were initially much longer but cut for continuity and that they just didn't fit right.
- As the irate viewer, Dan Milano appears to be drinking a Sugar-Free Red Bull (blurred out, as usual).
- The Orange Times motto is "It's only News If We Say It Is"
- The Dizzy Times motto is "We Jumped The Shark On This One Folks"
- The Spinning News motto is "News sucks, use this for picking up dog poop"
- Both "the Spinning News" and "The Orange Times" were seen in Buffy: Season 8 but with different mottos.
- Sean O'Keefe was NASA Administrator from December 21, 2001 until February 11, 2005.
- Harrison Ford is described as "HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE AND #1 MOVIE STAR" during the news conference.
Smack is slang for "heroin".
Goofs / Nitpicks:
- Only one member of Aerosmith is blond, Tom Hamilton, Brad Whitford has red hair, Joey Kramer is brunette and Joe Perry has black hair. However, in the commentary, this is because of budget cuts (see above).
- Harrison Ford has a earring on his left ear.