The Winter Olympic Games or the Olympic Winter Games, are a winter multi-sport event held every four years. They feature winter sports held on ice or snow, such as ice skating and skiing.
Each National Olympic Committee (NOC), as with the Summer Olympics, enters athletes to compete against other NOC's athletes for gold, silver, and bronze medals. Fewer nations participate in the Winter Olympics than the Summer Olympics; the most obvious reason for this is sheer geography, as most of the countries near the equator have no access to winter sport training facilities.
Segments Alluded ToEdit
- Olympic.org IOC official website
- Olympic.org - IOC overview of the Olympic Games
- Vancouver 2010.com - official site
- 2006.org - official site
- Torino 2006 Winter Olympics News
- The Olympic Games
- Salt Lake 2002.com - official site
- Janecky.com - a history of the Olympics
- Winter Games Newspaper Archive
- Skiing History.org - skiing at the first 4 Winter Olympics - 1924-36
- Infoportal "Olympic Winter Games 2014"