A public service announcement (PSA) or community service announcement (CSA) is a non-commercial advertisement typically on radio or television, ostensibly broadcast for the public good.
The main concept is to modify public attitudes by raising awareness about specific issues, often using scare tactics to do so.
Segments Alluded ToEdit
- PSA Research Center, the only on-line information center dedicated solely to public service advertising, social issues and cause marketing.
- Ad Council, the largest producer of public service announcements in the United States.
- Partnership for a Drug-Free America, a well-known sponsor of public service announcements on a specific theme. The group behind the "This is your brain on drugs" TV spot.
- Goodwill Communications, Goodwill Communications, a distributor of public service materials to all media with a division specializing in cause related marketing.
- American Indian College Fund, providing Tribal College scholarships to Native American students around the country.