Sectaurs: Warriors of Symbion was a line of action figures released by Coleco in 1984.
The premise was that "somewhere in space, somewhen in time," exists a planet called Symbion, where a genetic experiment fails. Frightening changes take place that cannot be stopped. The result? A world where insects and arachnids grow to frightening proportions. A world where the inhabitants have taken on the awesome characteristics of insects and arachnids. Prince Dargon, ruler of the peaceful Shining Realm of Prosperon, and his allies are in conflict with the forces of Empress Devora, ruler of the Dark Domain of Synax, and her henchmen, for possession of the Hyves, fortresses of an ancient civilization holding the key to ultimate power. Each character was "tele-bonded" with intelligent, non-anthropomorphic insect creatures called Insectoids that had a special ability, and shared each other's "pleasure and pain."
An animated mini-series that spanned five episodes was created based on the characters, and Marvel Comics published an eight-issue limited series about them as well. A read along record storybook was also made.
Segments Alluded ToEdit
External Links Edit
- stellara777's Sectaurs Homepage/ Article on the Sectaurs Comic Books, Miniseries and Hardcovers
- Sectaurs.fansector.com/ Fan website about the Sectaurs, Warriors of Symbion
- Puppet building article about the design of Sectaurs toys
- Overview of the Sectaurs action figure line
- Article on the Hyve playset