[as] video on
Episode: Vegetable Funfest
Segment Summary: Linus finally gets to see the Great Pumpkin, unfortunally, he was not quite what he expected
- This segment is a parody of Peanuts and the special It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.
- The Charlie Brown / Great Pumpkin relationship, and the look of the Great Pumpkin, resembles Seymour Krelborn and Audrey II the carnivorous plant, in Little Shop of Horrors.
Trivia / Info:
- Charlie Brown makes a reference to the Peanuts animated films Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown and Race for your life, Charlie Brown! when he recalls two of their past times. Coincidentally, both those 2 films were released by Paramount Pictures.
- The segment makes fun of the lesbian theory/controversy/conspiracy/rumor between Peppermint Patty and Marcie.
- At the beginning Linus can be seen lighting the Chicken on fire in a circle.
- The title card is written in a font strongly reminiscent of the 2000 DVD cover of It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.
- Rory Thost who voiced Charlie Brown and Linus in this segment, later voiced Peppermint Patty in the Peanuts special "He's a Bully Charlie Brown"
- There exists a deleted scene from this skit on the Robot Chicken season 1 DVD.
- The dance moves that Peppermint Patty and Franklin peforms during the hell scene, is the two most famous dancing moves from the special A Charlie Brown Christmas.
- Katelin Peterson later reprised her role as Sally Brown in the skit Misery, My Sweet Babboo and Ren McCormack, as well as her role as Lucy in the Ren McCormack skit.
- The "Wah Wah" sound effect in this skit was later reused in the skits Ren McCormack and Deaf Parents.
Goofs / Nitpicks:
- Lucy and Marcie is not seen in hell with the others at the end of the segment.
- Holes are visible at the bottom of Charlie Brown and Lucy's feet during the police scene.
- Pigpen is missing his trademark dust cloud.
- Schroeder seems to be the first character to enter hell, despite the fact that Linus was the first character to get killed.
- During the scene where Charlie Brown talks to Peppermint Patty and Marcie, Pigpen appears to freeze several times while filling Linus' grave with dirt.
- Shortly before Lucy is killed, Charlie Brown claims that he and Lucy are the only ones left alive, despite that, we don't see Marcie in hell, meaning that she must have survived the attack of the Great Pumpkin.
- The arms of the characters where much shorter in the comic strip and the television specials.
- Peppermint Patty, Marcie and Franklin appears in this skit, despite the fact that this skit parodies the special "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown", a special in which these characters didn't appear in.
- During Linus funeral, as the camera shows the Peanuts gang gathered around Linus' grave, Charlie Brown's mouth doesn't move when entering the shot, despite his voice being heard.
- Peppermint Patty's leg wire is exposed during the scene where she makes out with Marcie.
- After the Great Pumpkin kills Linus and we see the scene of his death after Lucy lands, the place is covered with blood. When the Great Pumpkin later on kills Lucy in her psychiatric booth, no blood is seen whatsoever.
Served! - Previous Segment